Saturday, November 8, 2008

Finally, a good haul of groceries!


Before I gave the cashier my store card or any coupons, the total was: $156.14

After, the total was: $53.33 including tax... I purchased 59 items.

I went from paying on average of $2.65 per item to paying $.90 per item!

Here is what I bought for $54:
(How far does $54 get you at the grocery store?)

1- simply orange juice
2- boxes ice cream bars
1- frozen apple pie
2- lbs butter *internet
1- 16 oz sour cream
1- can sweetened condensed milk *all you magazine
1- 4pk yogurt
4- hefty one zip freezer bags
3- colgate toothpaste *newspaper
1- light syrup
1- 1/2 gallon whole milk
2- large cans tomato sauce *newspaper
2- large cans diced tomatoes *all you
1- bag cookie mix *internet
2- boxes fruit snacks *newspaper
1- box muffin mix *internet
1- box granola bars
2- boxes hot chocolate *internet
4- boxes cereal *internet and newspaper
1- box potatoes *newspaper
2- boxes popcorn *internet
2- cans evaporated milk *internet
1- bag mini chocolate chips *internet
2- jars peanut butter *all you magazine
2- cans of peanuts
4- 2 liter bottles of water
3- powerade
1- big roll paper towels *walmart greeter handing them out
4- pkgs seasonings
1- pkg cough drops *all you magazine
3- pkgs shredded cheese *tear pad at a different grocery store

And, as you can see in the picture... 95% of these items are brand name, not generic. If the item has a * next to it... I used a coupon(s) and I wrote where I got it from. I saved 65% off my bill.


I can't believe the holidays are already here... crazy! :)

p.s. For my Wyoming/Utah girls... I know Albertson's has similar sales! :)

No comments: