Tuesday, November 23, 2010

$3o Sofa Table

Update to answer some comment questions:
I used Krylon Ivory gloss spray paint in, and then black tinted glaze.  It is solid wood and I sprayed the hardware with a black hammered metal spray paint.  When I glaze, I just take a brush and cover the area, then wipe off with an old rag until I get the look I want, making sure to get glaze in all the cracks and crevasses.  Hope that answers some questions! Thanks for the kind comments!

Well.  I’m sure it’s not technically a sofa table but that is how we are going to use it!
I saw this beauty at Goodwill and snatched it up for $30!  It is very very heavy and sturdy and I loved all the space underneath and the slide out drawers.
The details on the doors were just begging to be glazed! :)
Aren’t the door handles amazing?!
Before:
S6302883
Blah.
After:
IMG_7452
Love.
 IMG_7453 IMG_7454

11 comments:

Lee Laurie said...

Beautiful! I would have snatched this one up too! I love all of the detail.

La Creative Latina Diva said...

This is absolutely divine. I need to look at things as they can be, not what they are. For the most part, I do, but this is fabulous. Three, errr, two thumbs up!

Michelle Church said...

Absolutely incredible. Was it quite a bit more for the paint though????

Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

Okay, I know nothing about refinishing or glazing, but after seeing your work I sure wish I did!

Jessica @ My World - Made By Hand said...

Saw you on BetterAfter...and just had to stop by and tell you that this turned out beautifully. AWESOME work.

Jessica
http://myworldmadebyhand.blogspot.com

Reenie said...

Here from Better After.

Love it!!

Laura said...

This is amazing! I found you on before and after. I live the black and white, it makes all the details jump out. Awesome job!
http://laurathoughts81.blogspot.com/

Nine Red said...

I love it! I've really gotten into glazing lately, this is amazing! Did you paint by hand or use a sprayer? Is the piece solid wood? The glaze came out really great!

sweetouch! said...

Would you elaborate some on what you did? I love this spill the secrets :) nice work

J to the Nessa said...

Updated the post to answer some questions! :)

Mallory Nikolaus said...

This is FABULOUS! Saw you on Better After!

Come stop by and say hi!

http://www.classyclutter.blogspot.com