Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Antique Bed


Before:
S6302854
079
So I’m not a furniture expert but talking to family, I think this bed is at least 60 plus years old.
I saw it one day and passed it by but when I went back the next week I just couldn’t leave without it again.
The footboard had a badly damaged wreath carving so I had to remove it.
I also removed the two old wooden wheels.
I painted it ivory and then glazed the details.
I’m soooo happy with how it turned out.
This bed is for sale. It’s a full size. Email me if your interested! juddnessawinter@yahoo.com

S6302855S6302856S6302857

080 081
082084
083
085
086 087
I was inspired to use these colors when I saw THIS awesome piano painted by Brooke at All Things Thrifty!

7 comments:

jodi@Pleasant-Home said...

What a great transformation!

LouLou@thelifeofloulou.blogspot.com said...

Love it!

Jenny said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

It looks so good! I love the bedding you put with it, too.

J to the Nessa said...

Thank you! The quilt I sewed for my daughter a few years ago.

Serendipity Chic Decor said...

Looks very Anthropologie....

Take care,
Lisa

Lee Laurie said...

Wow! That is a gorgeous bed!