Monday, November 15, 2010

Mirror Wall

So when I saw this awesome Wall O Mirrors at Vintage Revival I just had to do my own version!  We’ve been in our new house for over two years and I still don’t have it decorated the way I want BUT it’s getting better every day!

Total cost for this whole project was $35.  Old “junky” mirrors and paint.

I LOVE the way it turned out and even better, Judd is always complimenting the wall… he doesn’t notice anything, so this is big!

My one tip to anyone wanting to paint a mirror… make it 10x easier on yourself and find mirrors with screwed on backs that you can take off!  That way you don’t have to painstakingly tape off the mirror inside the frame.  I had to do that on three of them and it is just annoying to do.

Before:

S6302861

After:

IMG_7446

6 comments:

Beth Adams said...

The mirror wall is wonderful. Love the use of different sizes & shapes. Bravo!
http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

What a beautiful thrifty display!!! ~~Sherry~~

Jessica said...

Very nice! I've been thinking of doing something liek this in my dining room. Looks great :-)

Van said...

As a fellow thrift-a-holic, I love the repurposing of the mirrors. You've given these items a second chance, I love that! :)

I'll be back for more thrifty inspiration as a new follower!

studio1404 said...

Your mirror wall is gorgeous! Love the white against the beautiful wall color. And you found some great mirrors!

TIP: For the mirrors without screw-on backs. Don't tape, just paint and scrape the overspray off the mirror with a straight blade. It scared me at first, but it really works!!!

-amanda@studio1404.com

Rita E said...

I think it looks fabulous ... love the white frames against the wall color ... great idea I think I'll try at home ... thanks for the tip, too. Came by way of Thrifty Thursday ... thank you for sharing.