Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What to Watch For Wednesday: Wilton Cake Pans

IMG_7899 (3)

Wilton shape cake pans sell well on eBay!  Characters and unique shapes like the 1978 van I paid 25 cents for pictured above!  People use the van for the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine.  This is an item where a smart phone would come in VERY handy because some pans sell really well and some, not so much.  Wilton retires it’s pans after a while and that makes them more desirable to collectors and bakers because they are harder to find.  You can go to the Wilton website and print off instructions for the cake decorating to include with your pan when you sell it, which is a plus!  Because I don’t have a smart phone yet, I’ll pick these pans up if they are less than $2.  If I get some that don’t sell great on their own… I save them for a cake pan lot, and those do well too.

3 comments:

Diana said...

I guess I'm going to have to do a cake pan lot since I have three that don't seem to sell individually. :)

Ashley said...

A few months ago, I passed on a huge bin of wilton cake pans - I didn't even ask the price. Kicking myself in the butt, haha

Ashley
www.TheThriftyWife.com

Kim said...

Love selling Wilton Pans. Most of the time they are cheap and fit great in a priority box and are cheap to ship.