Thursday, January 19, 2012

For the first time in 7 years…

powerseller

I am an eBay power seller! 

Not that it means too much but it was fun to wake up this morning and see that new symbol next to my username and feedback score.

I’m hoping to become a “top rated seller” after my next evaluation on 1/20 and then I’ll get 20% discount on fees.  That IS something to shout about!  Fees sure do add up fast.  I wish I was better about updating this blog more frequently but unfortunately it is just not on the top of my to-do-list.  With three kids under 7, a husband in anesthesia school, and a reselling business… my to-do list is so long it’s sometimes depressing.

Anyways, I should tell you that I did decide to take the jump and open the basic eBay store for $14.95 a month.  I made this decision because I’m at a point where I’m listing more than 50 items per month and also because I’m finding more items to resell that need more exposure than 7 days and I hate relisting things a bunch of times.  So far, I’m pleased.  I’m not getting rich but I’ve had about one sale per day and I have less than 50 items in my store right now, so not too bad.

I have some really fun finds to tell you about… hopefully I can take the time to share those soon.

Happy Thursday friends, and I do mean friends!  I’m so glad to have a network of people who “get me” and my crazy. 

My real life friends just laugh at me but that’s ok, I’m laughing all the way to the bank! ;)

7 comments:

Barbara B said...

Congratulations, it feels good right? I have been a power seller for a few years and I hope I never lose it.

J to the Nessa said...

Thanks Barbara, it does feel good! :)

Kim said...

Woot Woot! I got TRS/Powerseller last fall and I love the discount. While I like to keep it, I don't worry about it falling off. You will LOVE the store. I used to be all about auctions but I LOVE LOVE LOVE BIN. I've doubled what I was making before the store..and this is very part time for me. I know I annoy real life folks with my Ebay talk..but I'm with you..I'll annoy them all the way to the bank!

Congrats again!!!!

www.momspaycheck.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

Good luck with your store! I just opened mine up about 3 months ago and WOW - the sales just took off! I think selling items as BIN is really the way to go!

www.babewithabudget.blogspot.com

Susie Q said...

Congratulations!! WAY TO GO!! Not an easy accomplishment and lots of hard work! BE PROUD! I'm with you laughing.......all the way to the bank. They can laugh at us all they want, but I can sleep at night knowing I have ZERO debt! Zip! Love it! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE to shop thrift - so it's a win-win all the way around! Doesn't get much better than that, does it??!!

We are: clamco said...

Congrats on making PS! I still do the 50 free listings per month deal. It's just enough that I don't get overwhelmed as I have a "real" part time job too. My co-workers don't care much for my great sale stories, (like I bought something for a $1 and sold it for $50) I need to start a support group where I can openly talk about Ebay without getting eye rolls. lol

markeagleone said...

Congrats! I am actually putting that as one of my goals, sad I know- but it is still an achievment.

We are still a new struggling store, but I know it would make me feel a little better waking up to that.

Congrats again!

Danelle (also known as "the other half")

http://lifeinthesetimes-markeagleone.blogspot.com/